Well, the week’s just about over, time to party…..almost, it’s Friday and that means it’s time to close out with the week with Brad and Paul! Here’s what’s on tap:
-OUR TALK OF CONNECTICUT STREET TEAMER, BRANDON, WILL BE OUT AT NEW BALANCE AT EVERGREEN WALK IN SOUTH WINDSOR, COLLECTING TOYS FOR THE TOYS FOR TOTS TOY DRIVE AND HE’LL BE CALLING IN TWICE AN HOUR TO GIVE US UPDATES!
– SANDRA JOHNSON, Metacomet’s teacher Closing in on 60 Years Teaching at Bloomfield Public Schools. The Metacomet Elementary School Reading teacher is 80 years old, with the energy of someone half her age.
– DOUG EVANS, ARTS ACROSS CONNECTICUT, will give us an update of what’s happening in the Arts.
– SENATOR KEVIN KELLY, CT’s insurance employment rising. Connecticut’s insurance carriers, agencies and brokers have more employees now than they’ve had since around 2012, according to a new report from an insurance industry group. Connecticut Insurance and Financial Services (CT IFS), a statewide initiative of the MetroHartford Alliance that counts 32 companies as members, and co-author PwC said in their latest annual “Insurance Market Brief” on Thursday that there were 60,233 insurance employees in the state as of a June 2018 analysis of proprietary Moody’s data by the Connecticut Economic Resource Center (CERC). Previous IFS reports show the last time the count was that high was in 2012, at 60,429. The state’s total insurance employment dipped as low as 57,734 since that time, in 2015.
– BRENDA WATSON, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OPERATION FUEL, will talk about Energy Assistance
– BARRY HOROWITZ, NIRENSTEIN, HOROWITZ ASSOCIATES, will talk about living trusts and proper estate planning and where his December seminars will be held.
All This and Sports with Eric, Your Calls and News of The Day, heard only on the Talk of Connecticut!