June 27, 2019 @ 6:29 am Featured
Well, Well, Well look at that picture we’ve dug up for Throwback Thursday! Now let’s take a look what’s on tap this morning!
- Senator Tony Hwang will be on talk about Hubbel closing
- PETER HOULAHAN author of “Norco ‘80: The True Story of the Most Spectacular Bank Robbery in American History”is a freelance writer contributing to a wide range of publications. In his career as an emergency medical technician, he has written a number of articles related to his profession. He holds an MFA from Sarah Lawrence College. A native Southern Californian, Houlahan now lives in Fairfield County, Connecticut and will be holding an author talk and book signing tonight, 8:30pm at the Ridgefield Library.Norco ‘80 isn’t just the account of a violent bank robbery that occurred 39 years ago in Southern California–the incident and subsequent trial raised many issues that continue to face society today: from the epidemic of post-traumatic stress disorder within law enforcement to religious extremism and the militarization of local police forces.
- HEALTHCARE EXPERT SETH DENSON will talk about: 1 IN 10 AMERICANS SKIPPING DOSES AS PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRICES RISE. A group of Democratic senators this week introduced the Affordable Medications Act, legislation that aims to cut prescription drug prices. Rising costs are a big issue for patients like Maryanne Perry, who depends on a prescription inhaler for her chronic lung disease (COPD). “Climbing a flight of stairs, by the time you get up you’re literally huffing and puffing and gasping for air,” Perry said. Last summer, Perry lost health insurance coverage and missed a deadline to enroll in Medicare’s Part D drug program. She learned her inhaler would jump from a $50 copay to a staggering $1,000 a month.
- CHIP MCCABE, DIRECTOR OF PLACEMAKING & EVENTSHARTFORD BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT will talk about: Some of the big events Hartford has coming up in July – Riverfront’s food truck festival, Connecticon.
- Guilaine Menefee, Strategy Consultant Menefee Associates Consulting, LLC representing the Black Business Alliance will talk about:The Best opportunities for small businesses in 2019, Expanded partnerships of BBA in community and Financial Series – increased demands for budget and financial management by small business owners
- ACHIEVEMENT EXPERT, RAVEN MAGWOOD, AUTHOR OF THE 7 PRACTICES OF PROSPEROUS WOMEN. Raven Magwood, an international speaker and achievement expert that graduated with honors from Clemson University at 19 years old. Recognized as one of the top 10 Clemson graduates in the past decade, Raven received the Roaring Ten Award and travels internationally, providing people with tools to unlock their full potential.